- Project's name : Villages Vivants, first real estate company with solidarity aims to revitalize rural areas
- Country : France
- Area (for France only) : Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
- Thematic : Employment services and Entrepreneurship, Local stores
- Structure name : SCIC Villages vivants
- Address : 10 rue Archinard
- Postal code : 26400
- City : Crest
- Tel : 00000000
- Email : villagesvivants.com/contact/
- Type of structure : Company, Private structure
- Project's manager contact : Sylvain Dumas, co-manager / Marie Isserel, Head of communication
- Website : https://villagesvivants.com
- Context, issues : Observation:
The abandonment of village centers
Desertification of rural town centers, with consequences (loss of social link, centrality, social cohesion)
Commercial real estate: a stagnant domain
Yet, rural areas in France offer a quality of life that many of us value, and a growing number of citizens are looking for the advantages offered by the rural world.
"With their experiences in local development, in France and abroad, Sylvain Dumas and Valérie Dumesny decided to create a structure that would help to offset the vacancy of commercial premises and feed the historic social link of the shopping streets." Raphaël Boutin joined in the adventure, followed by Marie Isserel, Anne-Sophie Daudon, and Thibault Berlingen, employees of Villages Vivants.
The association is the very first stone in the building. It was created in March 2017. Quickly, to be able to buy premises, it is a property in the form of SCIC (cooperative society of collective interest) which was created in June 2018.
- Goals : fight the desertification of the hearts of towns and villages
facilitate the steps of people who want to open a business / local service useful to the territory.
ward off the vacancy of commercial premises
develop the historic social link of the shopping streets
- Targeted audience : large public, shop owners, investors, communities
- Actions implemented : In order to revitalize rural areas, Villages Vivants installs innovative and socially useful activities by buying empty shops, renovating them and renting them out. Villages Vivants is also the partner of local authorities, and accompanies them in their efforts to revitalize.
Our actions :
Buy, renovate and rent commercial premises
Support project leaders and the creation of innovative activities in rural areas
Supporting communities in their revitalization efforts
Make money move profitably through solidarity investment
Shake real estate
Participate in public debate
- Project's start year : 2012
- Technical and human resources, partners : Laureate of the Foundation "La France s'engage" in 2019
Conditions of success
- Points of vigilance, difficulties to pass through, success factors : Values of the social and solidarity economy