- Project's name : The village's community center
- Country : France
- Area (for France only) : Normandie
- Thematic : Local stores
- Structure name : Mairie
- Postal code : 76113
- City : Saint-Pierre-de-Manneville
- Tel : 09 63 60 55 19
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type of structure : Non profit organization
- Project's manager contact : Maire
- Context, issues : To face the closure of the last shop, the town council organized a meeting with the inhabitants about the creation of a new place in the village.
The observation: the village is affected from the Rouen’s attractivity and is deserted by their shopkeepers. The aging population is suffering because of it and wish for a new shop of first necessities and services, which would allow them to save a car trip to the hypermarket. But inhabitants also lament the lack of social link and would like a place where they could meet and exchange.
The implementation project of a multi-purpose place is born from the cooperation between a village, the actors of support to the emergence of innovation (l’ADRESS, the Upper Normandy Factory) and associate inhabitants.
- Goals : -offer proximity services
-consolidate activities between local partners
-animate the village
-promote the social link
-ease the daily life of the population
- Targeted audience : All publics
- Actions implemented : After discussion, the project of a community center in the village emerges, it regroups a welcoming place (a café, a reading managed by the locals), a service place (ironing, shoe repairing, relay package etc…) and a grocery store of local products in short circuit.
The community center makes all these services easily accessible for the senior citizens of the village.
- Project's start year : 2015
- Technical and human resources, partners : - 1 manager of the Community center
- association of inhabitants (for the animation of the place)
Feasibility study conducted by Facility Serv
Conditions of success
- Points of vigilance, difficulties to pass through, success factors : To makes the project viable, the inhbaitants' implication is crucial.