The Lok’all, citizen café-grocery
Short presentationPresentation of the Lok'all: bistro, grocery store and cultural place.
GoalsThe Lok'all was created in 2017 (after ten years of operation under associative status) based on convictions and objectives:
- The absolute necessity to maintain convivial meeting places within neighborhoods and in rural areas
- The will to propose a consumption respectful of the men and the nature
- Willingness to spread the culture and values of popular education to the greatest number
Contexte (territory issues, targeted audience)Actualy, Ploujean is a district of Morlaix that keeps its pace of village with its center and its countryside, halfway between the city and the coast. There are about 1800 inhabitants, 2 schools, 1 agricultural college and local services (health professionals, shops).
- Large audience
Actions implemented- bistro (selection of local or fair trade drinks, snacks)
- grocery store (sales area between the local grocery store, the organic store, the delicatessen and the grocery store)
- Pik Pik Asso. This association aims to promote the local, sustainable, economic and cultural development of the town of Ploujean by maintaining local services and shops, organizing specific events and regular activities and any action allowing the continuity of the link social.