social inclusion center for gipsy people on the territory GAL NAPOCA POROLISSUM
RoumaniaSee / Download the file
Short presentation- social services integration: social services, education, employment services
- reducing the risk of exclusion and social marginalization for the 2912 gipsy people who live on the territory of LAG Napoca Porolissum;
Goals-facilitating the integration into the labor market of vulnerable social groups on the territory of the LAG;
- reducing the phenomenon of social marginalization of people in difficulty;
- developing a healthy lifestyle among vulnerable social groups on the LAG territory;
- increasing the capacity of the LAG to provide quality services to people in difficulty
Contexte (territory issues, targeted audience)The small number of social services serving the population (6 services for 44,381 inhabitants, none to provide integrated social services);
Large number of gipsy people at high risk of exclusion and social marginalization (2912 persons);
- Increased poverty among the marginalized population associated with the lack of stable employment;
- The lack of integration services on the labor market offered in LAG Napoca Porolissum,
- The risk of family abandon among vulnerable social groups;
- Lack of programs to promote a healthy lifestyle.
Territories : LAG Napoca Porolissum has 13 villages (Gilau, Capusu Mare, Izvoru Crisului, Sancraiu, Marisel, Belis, Risca, Manastireni, Margau, Sacuieu, Maguri Racatau, Calatele, Aghiresu) and 1 small town (Huedin) and the population is about 44,381 inhabitants.
Global cost (in Euros) : 88 000 €
Human resources and partners- It is a public partnership between LAG Napoca Porolissum and the village Sacuieu, both are accredited as a social service provider.
- The social center is founded by an innovative measure of social inclusion: hard part of the social center (endowment) is financed from EAFRD funds and soft part of the social center (human resources, training courses) is financed from FSE funds.
Other informationProject's start year :
Points of vigilance, difficulties to pass through, success factors• The top: improved degree of integration into the labor market.
• The difficulties: discrimination of the roma population in the territory by the rest of the population
• Advices (to other stakeholders) : carrying out awareness campaigns regarding the social integration of minority people in difficulty
• Good practices (approach, levers…): to promote a healthy lifestyle through education and social support we contribute to a better future for the rural population through partnership and increasing trust in authorities