- Project's name : Renovation of the youth centre and the municipal canteen
- Country : France
- Area (for France only) : Bretagne
- Thematic : Culture Sport Leisure, Education Childhood and Youth
- Structure name : Mairie de LAMBALLE
- Address : 5 Rue Simone VEIL
- Postal code : 22400
- City : Lamballe
- Tel : 02.96.50.13.50
- Email : email@example.com
- Type of structure : Public structure
- Project's manager contact : Director of technical services (Lamballe Terre et Mer
- Context, issues : Meslin is part of the new town of Lamballe since January 1, 2016. Located in the countryside, Meslin has 1003 inhabitants on January 1, 2016, divided between the town and multiple hamlets and villages (Trégenestre ...). The village of Meslin has a school, a town hall annex, a library / cyber base and a multi-service business: bar-restaurant (theme nights) grocery, bakery, gas.
The youth local and the municipal canteen (which welcomes 60 children) are located in the centre of the town in an old building, to which was added the multipurpose hall in the 1980s.
The youth local was created in 1996 and brings together about thirty young people around 14-15 years old. In addition to the creation a social bond, the youth local is the place where young people prepare their highlights in the municipal hall: Meslektro (two themed musical nights animated by DJ) and "funny food" (night meal -spectacle followed by an animation with DJ). The youth club also organizes punctual activities (a shuffleboard competition) and participates on stand to the bike race "heart asset".
- Goals : The project, with the functional adaptations it provides, aims to:
- improve the quality of use of the tool by acting on the acoustic and thermal comfort
-make the site accessible to people with disabilities
- make the site accessible to digital uses (WIFI router in the multipurpose room)
-product energy and operational savings: the reduction of the heating capacity is estimated at 34%.
- Targeted audience : Young people
- Actions implemented : The renovation of the youth centre and the canteen is part of a global rehabilitation project for the equipment, including the multipurpose room. The youth centre and the canteen account for 40% of the work. Consultation took place during the development phase and finalization of the project with the organization of meetings in which participated the consultation commission of the Meslin municipality and the associations. It emerges from these exchanges that the social utility of the rehabilitation project is proven to the extent that it aims to respond to the specificities of the rural area and is thus seen as contributing to the maintenance and development of essential community services.
The renovation of the canteen and the youth centre includes:
- replacement of exterior joinery
- up to electrical standards
-Improvement of the acoustic
-energetic renovation (heating and lightning systems)
-functional improvement (creation of new toilets, space to facilitate the work of the canteen’s agents)
- Project's start year : 2018
- Global cost (in Euros) : 418300 €
- Funders :
- Autofinancement public : 169473 €
- Département - Contrat de territoire : 100000 €
- Région - Contrat de partenariat : 28906 €
- Etat - FONDS DE SOUTIEN A L'INVESTISSEMENT LOCAL : 119921 €