- Project's name : Le Champ commun (The Common Field) in Augan (56)
- Country : Bulgaria
- Area (for France only) : Bretagne
- Thematic : Culture Sport Leisure, Local stores
- Structure name : SCIC Le Champ commun
- Address : 1 Rue du Clos Bily
- Postal code : 56800
- City : Augan
- Tel : 02 97 93 48 51
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type of structure : Other
- Project's manager contact : Equipe
- Website : www.lechampcommun.fr
- Context, issues : 2 co-founder who came from the North Region decided to live in Augan in the Brittany’s centre. They quickly wanted to create a local and cooperative dynamic to recreate link in their small municipality. Despite suspicious banks, they got the support of their friends and the 1400 inhabitant of that small village.
Le Champ commun (The Common Field) open its gate in 2010. Today it’s not less than 150 members who join the SCIC, 5 co-managers, 7 employees and 2000 products selling in their grocery, including 200 locals.
- Goals : The SCIC Le Champ commun takes part in to remake the economy a local story:
-Propose to the inhabitants of Augan to live, work and shop in their communes to avoid the “dormitory city” effect.
-Propose something different
-The will to create link between generation, people from different culture and social circles; to make people; who don’t supposedly have any chance to meet, meet.
- Targeted audience : Large audience
- Actions implemented : Le Champ commun is regrouping Bar scene activities, grocery, micro brewery, postal relay and soon accommodation and catering.
- Project's start year : 2010
- Technical and human resources, partners : The Common Field worked for many years without receiving any public grants.
•For a short while, the project of the Inn is supported by the FEADER, the Britany Region and the Conseil Général of the Morbihan
Other partnerships: The Common Field is involved with multiple network for a local and fraternal economy : REPAS, CRESS Britany, ESS Pole, CPIE, NEF, Les Cigales de Brocéliande, LA SCOP Le Pavé, the CREFAD, Inter-Réseau SCIC, French Rural Network…
Conditions of success
- Points of vigilance, difficulties to pass through, success factors : Village’s implication
Diversity of the activities
See the Video of L’arbre aux films (2012) which present the good and bad point of the project: