- Project's name : Intergenerational building in town center wanted by the municipality of Liffré (35)
- Country : France
- Area (for France only) : Bretagne
- Thematic : Housing See / Download the file
- Structure name : Commune de Liffré
- Address : Hôtel de Ville, rue de Fougères, BP 94115
- Postal code : 35341
- City : Liffré Cedex
- Tel : 02 99 68 31 4
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type of structure : Public structure
- Project's manager contact : Mayor assistant for Social Affairs
- Website : https://www.unccas.org/le-kanata-un-lieu-de-vie-intergenerationnel-proposant-des-logements-adaptes-au-vieillissement#.XXZrnvZuKUk
- Context, issues : Located 15 km from Rennes, the town of Liffré (7.000 inhabitants) is very extensive, with hamlets far from the city center. Faced with the feeling expressed by elderly people who felt isolated, the municipal team launched in 2008 a housing project in downtown close to shops and services. Delivered in 2011, these units are located in an intergenerational building. The building also hosts an intercommunal nursery.
- Goals : - improve the quality of life of elderly people currently living outside the city, by providing access to housing in the city center and break the isolation,
- promote the autonomy of the elderly: proximity to shops, entertainment venues, public services, accessibility of housing, interior fittings,
- enhance and consolidate links between generations,
- support aging as well as possible: maintain at home as long as possible (partnership with home care services), establish links with the retirement home and make the entrance less useful if necessary (common activities, etc.).
- Targeted audience : the elderly
children welcomed in intercommunal nursery
- Project's start year : 2008
- Technical and human resources, partners : Le CCAS, the commune of Liffré and EPCI (communauty of communes from Pays de Liffré )
Conditions of success
- Points of vigilance, difficulties to pass through, success factors : Good points
- Integration of the project in the development strategy of the town: Liffré is working on the redevelopment of its downtown area and the maintenance of the shops in this center. The establishment of a residence with 1/3 of dwellings reserved for the elderly contributes to keep an animation in the center especially on the periods of the day when the assets are not, for many, on the commune.
- The mobilization of partners and the participation of the public concerned.
- The dimension of the project: intercommunal dimension, collaboration with associations from Liffré
- The originality of the project - type of structure unknown to the administrative services - has led to difficulties and delays in obtaining loans, the number of agreements allowing to benefit the tenants of the APL and raised problems for the follow-up of the file by the Family Allowances Fund.
- The accompaniment of the candidates
- Development (difficult to enforce all development requests with the developer).
Sheet made by the Bruded network (www.bruded.fr)