“Housing for young people on the move” platform
Short presentationFollowing the creation in 2016 of a platform dedicated to young people in the region, within the Maison du Logement (one-stop shop for housing), Auray Quiberon Atlantique supported two projects to expand the offer:
- In 2019, to complete the offer with a flexible mechanism, a system of subletting housing dedicated to young workers is being tested in conjunction with partners (Agora services).
- Finally, a 20-unit FJT branch is being created in 2020 in Quiberon (Bretagne Sud Habitat; Agora Services).
Goals- develop housing services for young people and seasonal workers
- supplement the housing offer with a flexible system
- mobilize economic and housing players to match needs and supply.
Contexte (territory issues, targeted audience)Auray Quiberon Terre Atlantique is a community of municipalities covering a coastal area of 24 municipalities, including 2 islands, with 86,000 inhabitants.
The territory of the community is affected by an aging population linked to its tourist attractiveness. Companies are struggling to recruit young employees in the face of difficulties in finding accommodation. The price of land forces young people to move away from the employment area, leading to the development of mobility difficulties.
The Local Housing Program, which identified the issue of housing for young people on the move as a priority, was approved in 2016, in order to roll out a coherent housing policy.
Actions implementedCommunity and partnership actions for young people on the move:
1. Commissioning of a platform for young people on the move and deployment of operational tools to support the residential course of young people in the region
2. Development of a housing offer and sublet accommodation for young people
3. Development of a branch of the Foyer Jeunes Travailleurs d'Auray (help to finance works, equipment and commissioning)
|FEADER||226 885 €|
|Community of communes Auray Quiberon Terre Atlantique|
|CAF (family allowance fund)|
Global cost (in Euros) : 1 388 776 €
Human resources and partnersAssociated partners: Bretagne Sud Habitat, Agora Services, Office Public de l'Habitat and Association
Other informationProject's start year : 2016
Points of vigilance, difficulties to pass through, success factorsThis project is innovative in terms of the strong mobilization of the business world and new partners (Action Logement, Pôle Emploi, CCI, UMIH, HLM organizations, private structures, local elected officials, companies, etc.).
The establishment of the platform made it possible to centralize a consolidated offer, in particular by mobilizing the municipalities and social landlords of the territory as part of the deployment of the housing sublet system.
As the responses have been sparse up to now, young people now have a single point of contact capable of redirecting them to the players offering the offer best suited to their needs.
The innovative system of subletting housing makes it possible to meet needs throughout the territory, with great flexibility: 8 days notice, furnished and equipped housing, etc.
Regarding the deployment of the FJT branch, the dynamic carried by the intermunicipal association and the LEADER support made it possible to find a solution very quickly (around 18 months between project launch and delivery) for a project under discussion since 2008.
This new facility located in the heart of downtown Quiberon, a major tourist resort in the region, will provide housing and service solutions for young seasonal workers as close as possible to their workplaces.
|Community of communes Auray Quiberon Terre Atlantique (Public structure )|
Porte Océane - 40, rue du Danemark CS 70447
56404 Auray Cedex