- Project's name : Drumtruck : traveling music lessons (14)
- Country : France
- Area (for France only) : Normandie
- Thematic : Culture Sport Leisure, Education Childhood and Youth
- Structure name : Drumtruck
- Postal code : 14780
- City : Lion-sur-mer
- Tel : 06 63 43 43 88
- Email : -
- Type of structure : Non profit organization
- Project's manager contact : Jean-Philippe Barbato
- Website : www.drumtruck.fr
- Context, issues : Since September 2015, the DrumTrucK proposed a new concept of traveling music lessons.
DrumTrucK opens the door to an innovative musical experience and opens the doors to a fun and educational musical practice.
- Goals : To be closer to people, in rural areas, to avoid the elitism that can often represents the Conservatoire.
- Targeted audience : Primary and secondary schools, companies, IM-PROs, structures for disabled people, families
- Actions implemented : The DrumTruck fitted out as a music room travels in rural areas and priority neighborhoods.
Its mission is to initiate music practice in primary and secondary schools, businesses, I.M.PRO, homes for the disabled.
He participates in events for cultural services and communities.
Its ease of access to the territory makes it possible to create an information and participative tool interface between the various structures with a cultural vocation
- Project's start year : 2015
- Global cost (in Euros) : 20000 €
- Technical and human resources, partners : Lauréat de So14 (Département du Calvados) : prise en charge des supports de communication + aide financière de 3000€/an
Conditions of success
- Points of vigilance, difficulties to pass through, success factors : The support of Calvados Department Council was important in terms of notoriety and credibility.
The founder of the project plans to offer his truck to other musicians to diversify the offer in the villages (practice of other instruments).