- Project's name : Countryside's multiservice Shop
- Country : France
- Thematic : Local stores, Public and social services Solidarity See / Download the file
- Structure name : Comptoir de Campagne
- Address : 2 allée des Bouleaux
- Postal code : 69330
- City : Jonage
- Tel : 07 66 86 16 26
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type of structure : Company, Private structure
- Project's manager contact : -
- Website : https://comptoirdecampagne.fr/
- Context, issues : Fact: 1 village out of 2 doesn't have shops anymore, but the population tends to increase.
There is a need to regain the urban service quality in the ountryside and to respond to a need of proximity, modernity and social link.
- Goals : Offer an access to services and local products in a welcoming place for everyone
- Targeted audience : All publics
- Actions implemented : Opening of multiservice shops right in the middle of the villages which offer:
-local products directly from the farmer
-proximity services (The French Post, public transports, shoe repairing, dry cleaning, gas, package, press, etc.);
-a restauration offer;
-A place of life, animation and teleworking;
-the offer is also available online with and comes with a delivering service.
- Project's start year : 2015
- Technical and human resources, partners : The structure is a SAS (join-stock company) certified ESUS (social company of social utility)
-6 Countryside’s multiservice shops
-2 "grouped" shops (Forez – 42; Beaujolais – 69)
-2 permanent contracts per shops and 1 permanent contract per "grouped" shops
-More than 40 farmers and local craftsmen per "grouped" shops.
Conditions of success
- Points of vigilance, difficulties to pass through, success factors : The different Countryside’s multservice shops must adapt to their territory of implantation and their success depend on a network operation: Grouped shops from 5 to 6 shops per territory. That allows to facilitate the supplying, strong relationships with the farmers and good communication.
•Implication of one or multiple community of communes ;
•A territory rich in term of craft and local production to supply the Shops ;
•At least 3 already identified villages to create a “grouped” shop.
The shop implementation criterias :
•A customer area of at least 2100 inhabitants,
•Absence of competition : grocery/hypermarket, butcher/pork butcher’s shop,
•To pick up service offer such as deposit of bread and/or bar, press, post office,
•At least 10 minutes away in car from any hypermarket,
•Supplying of the school cafeteria is a bonus,
•Opening of a multiservice shop is the project of the municipality’s inhabitants who have a local to open the shop.
Future project: opening of franchises (15 to 20 / year from 2021) in Normandy, Ile de France and Bourgogne-Franche-Comté