- Project's name : Cand'épicerie, associative grocery store in Candé-sur-Beuvron
- Country : France
- Area (for France only) : Centre-Val de Loire
- Thematic : Local stores
- Structure name : Association Cand'épicerie
- Address : Place des Cèdres
- Postal code : 41120
- City : Candé-sur-Beuvron
- Tel : 0254450151
- Email : email@example.com
- Type of structure : Non profit organization
- Project's manager contact : President of association
- Website : https://www.facebook.com/candepicerie/
- Context, issues : Since 2007, 4 successive buyers have held groceries in the town of Candé-sur-Beuvron, without managing to live decently. After a new closure, the municipality wanted to explore other solutions to continue to support its businesses and ensure access to all essential food products.
After visiting 3 associative grocery stores in small villages, the decision was made to embark on an associative project. The Cand'épicerie association was created on December 21, 2018 to carry the project and support the grocery store.
- Goals : The maintenance of local shops is one of the major issues facing rural communities.
The objectives of the project were therefore
- to promote the local products of the territory, with locals but also tourists, many to circulate on the route of the Loire by bike that crosses the Place
- to reinforce the residential attractiveness of the town and to revitalize the town center
- create jobs
- to create social bonds between the inhabitants by offering them a place for exchanges and meetings
- Targeted audience : Inhabitants, tourists
- Project's start year : 2019
- Technical and human resources, partners : The project was supported from the beginning by a large number of volunteers who made it possible. When it was founded, the association already had 46 volunteers, including 14 members of the Board of Directors. This number has grown steadily since then.
The team of volunteers is in charge of the general management of the grocery store, with the help of an employee recruited by the association. Various commissions have been created to ensure optimal management of the trade: space planning, accounting, search for suppliers, communication. Each volunteer can invest in one or another of these commissions, depending on their skills and interests.
The town of Candé-sur-Beuvron played a key role in the emergence of the project and continues to accompany the association in the running of the grocery store.
The association has also been able to count on the support of the Loire Valley Region, the Blois urban area and the European Union as part of the LEADER program run by the Pays des Châteaux.