- Project's name : A youth centre in Binic-Etables sur mer
- Country : France
- Area (for France only) : Bretagne
- Thematic : Culture Sport Leisure, Education Childhood and Youth
- Structure name : Municipality of BINIC - ETABLES-SUR-MER (in partnership with Cap à cité association)
- Address : 1 place J Heurtel
- Postal code : 22520
- City : BINIC - ETABLES-SUR-MER
- Tel : 02 96 70 64 18
- Email : email@example.com
- Type of structure : Public structure
- Project's manager contact : Director of services
- Website : https://www.binic-etables-sur-mer.fr/cap-a-cite/
- Context, issues : The association Cap à Cité organizes sports, recreational activities for young people and adolescents. It currently occupies a 140 m² premises located on the esplanade of the Moulins beach. This place is outdated, too small and not very functional. The project consists in the construction of a new building in the sports area. It will be used: it will be used as an entertainment area, a meeting room and an office. The construction will have to fit perfectly into the environment of the nearby sports facilities.
The new premises will be located in the sports area near the skate and city park, ideally located on the North-South axis linking the city centre and the sports area.
- Goals : General objective: to set up a reception centre near the skate park and the sports complex in order to establish links between young people and professionals in charge of youth work.
Specific objectives :
- Create a pleasant, functional and friendly meeting place on a site they enjoy.
- Stay close to young people, their expectations and needs. Make them active in their leisure activities.
- Remain dynamic on the territory and consistent with the expectations of young people and parents
- Open a space to address safety and prevention around their various practices (sports, cultural,...)
- Propose support for their projects
- Address the issues of daily life in the community.
- Raise awareness among young people about their environment and the infrastructure provided by the community.
- Create an adult presence to regulate the use of spaces
- Targeted audience : young people from 10 to 17 years old
- Actions implemented : Construction of the premises (2019-2020)
Reception of young people on Wednesdays and Saturdays (+ school holidays) with a program of cultural, artistic and sporting activities.
- Project's start year : 2019
- Global cost (in Euros) : 485000 €
- Technical and human resources, partners : In partnership with the association Cap à cité (www.capacite.bzh)